In April 2016, our design team piloted the 2-day Teaching Democracy Workshop with 9 students and 12 community participants from 4 partner organizations.
Teaching Democracy Learning Objectives:
Day 1 (April 2, 2016):
- Build learning cohort
- Explore our own education experiences
- Introduce popular education principles & voices
- Identify ways to encourage participation in groups and meetings
- Apply popular education to public meeting
Day 2 (April 9, 2016):
- Explore problem posing (a method of critical inquiry)
- Design & facilitate your own workshop
Copies of the Teaching Democracy Curriculum can be found here.